19 Jun 2013

Don't sink, swim, V2.0

So I am going to revive my blog. Yes, I have said this on numerous occasions, but no, it's not what you might think. I'm sick of reading blogs pushing competitions in my face, resharing videos that are perfectly viewable on YouTube, and linking me to shit I can find on the intertubes.

Basically, I want to use this as my notepad. I want to use this to try new things with words, rearrange letters in a different way, I want to use my blog the way I think blogs were originally intended.

I don't want to tell you which bands to listen to, which tv shows to watch or to make money from advertising or get free shit from brands. I know, the last two are very assumptive and slightly egotistical, thinking that this stupid blog could be monetised. Luckily, I give not a care in the world, I am doing this for me, not you.

But like a good bro, I'll share. Maybe you like the way I structure my sentences, perhaps you fancy the way I don't use too many hyperboles or adjectives, or maybe, you just like my writing. That's all I can ask for as a writer, so if you are reading this, thank you.

I am very inspired and keen to get this going properly, because I want the end result to be a book of some sort, who knows, but that is what this is about, finding out where to go next. Expect some photographs, ideas, both short and long, as well as some insight, thoughts and more of me than I'm accustomed to sharing.

Welcome to my world.
Rick

1 comment: