21 Jun 2013

...Like Clockwork? ...more like killer opening lines.

I've been killing the new Queens of the Stone Age record, and the one thing I really love about the album is the lyrics. Then I noticed that the opening line of each track is fantastic. Check it out.

1. Don’t look, just keep your eyes peeled.

2. I sat by the ocean, and drank a potion baby to erase you.

3. I want God to come and take me home, 'cause I'm all alone in this crowd.

4. Gitchy, gitchy, Ooh la la, do run run, you won't get far.

5. Far beyond the desert road, where everything ends up.

6. I never lied, to myself, tonight.

7. Is there anyone out there? Or am I walking alone?

8. It's all in motion, no stoppin' now.

9. Calling all comas, prisoner on the loose.

10. Everyone it seems, has somewhere to go.

They're like little one line poems. I like. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment