21 Jan 2011

Welcome 2011

I know, it's been a really long time since I've posted anything, and for that I apologise. Did you miss me? I am glad to report that 2011 has gotten off to an absolute flyer for me. Let me tell you what's what.

I've started a brand new job at the same company (I'm heading up our content department), I've bought a brand spanking new car and I generally feel pretty good about the prospects of 2011.

Ramfest is around the corner and as the premier rock and roll festival in the Western Cape, possibly the country (I will get back to you on that once I return from Oppikoppi in August) and I am incredibly stoked with the lineup.

It was early in the 2000's when we heard Alkaline Trio for the first time and they were the perfect band for that period in my life. I mean, I wrote my first car off whilst listening to "Good Mourning" for the first time. Port Elizabeth is not the most glamorous place to grow up, but the Trio made it a little better.

With more scream along friendly lyrics than a Human Rights protest, the Alkaline Trio were the soundtrack to a long period of my life and finally, they're coming to South Africa, and best of all, I only have to drive about 90 minutes to see them.

My favourite Hunter Thompson book, The Rum Diary, also hits the silver screen this year and it's just another reason that 2011 will rock. Death From Above 1979 are also reforming and performing at Coachella, and although I won't be there, it gives me hope for another album. One that will make many Top 10 lists come the end of 2011.

There may even be a new White Stripes album in the pipeline too, so lots to look forward to.

 I will be better at posting things this year, I hope, but for now this will have to do.

Rick.
Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment